Tuesday, August 01, 2006

These five boys in Sapa, Vietnam, looked at me in wonderment as I snapped this picture. This is the only picture I took of them and amazingly they are all perfectly aligned to the fence posts, eyes completely focused on me.
These two sisters in Sapa seemed so contrasting. One gentle and soft, the other hard and defensive. I came across them along a deserted set of rice paddies in the mist and rain.
While visiting the Mekong Delta in Vietnam, this man ushered me into his house to escape the oppressive heat. He was a rice farmer and made thin rice paper crepes for spring rolls. We stared at each other smiling, unable to communicate, while I drank some tea. I then lifted my camera and took this one picture.
Also in the Mekong Delta, I took this picture while waiting for a ferry. The girl is about 4. Her mother was just to her right. I have no idea what she was trying to communicate with her outstretched hand.
Taken in the hills of Dalat, Vietnam, this picture was taken in a Chil tribe village. I suspect this woman was the grandmother, not the mother, as I saw many teenage pregnant girls in the village.